Mail duplications

Contrary to what I assume most of you believe, the duplication of messages
is *not* due to my stupidity: it is a bug in the MAILER here combined with
flakiness of SAIL wrt the ARPANET at present.  When these failures occur
(and they sometimes occur 10 times an hour), if a COMMON-LISP message is
in progress, it is re-started - from the first person on the list. If it
is any consolation, I am first on the list, so I get more duplicated
messages than anyone.

Also, contrary to what many of you must believe, I am not sitting here
in California chuckling away at the fact you see these messages over
and over: I am working with the SAIL wizards on some sort of fix, which
apparently is less trivial than we thought.

			-rpg-