Re: More words on the scoping of dec

> From: mike%acorn@mit-live-oak.arpa
> The scoping of a declaration in a let* should be as close as possible
> to that of a let. I think repeated names should be allowed, and the
> innermost one should be the one to which the declaration applies.
----------
I agree that repeated names should be allowed, but I think the
declaration should apply to the ENTIRE set of bindings, not just
the innermost.  If the user wants to have different declarations
for the repeated instances of the name, she can break the LET*
into nested LET*s.  If, on the other hand, she is playing games
and doing a multi-step calculation of a value in the header of the LET*,
the one declaration should apply to all parts of it.

--
scott preece
gould/csd - urbana