Re: printing structures

    Date: Tue, 7 Oct 86 00:01 EDT
    From: Robert W. Kerns <RWK@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	Back onto the original discussion: we added a variable *print-structure*
    We called ours *print-structure-contents*
Nit: SYMBOLICS-COMMON-LISP:*PRINT-STRUCTURE-CONTENTS*, (or
SCL:*PRINT-STRUCTURE-CONTENTS*) to be exact.

	which controlled how structures were printed by the default structure
	printer, in the same way that *print-array* controls array output. I'm
	reluctant to propose additions to the language, but if one was wanted,
	this seems like a logical choice.
    Indeed.
Ditto.  I set it to NIL in my init file for the same reasons other
implementations have provided this extension.