[no subject]

Hi!

I'm doing a fair amount of string hacking right now.  A lot of
things involve comparing and manipulating substrings.  I do most
of this via the :START and :END arguments on the string functions.

Symbolics Common Lisp blows up if you specify a :END which is
greater than the length of a string.  It also signals an error
if you give a large :END to a subsequence extract with SUBSEQ.

I looked through CLtL, but couldn't find any mention of this
case.  Is the result of extracting past the end of a subsequence
considered undefined?

		Stever