REMF and REMPROP

    Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1987  10:36 EST
    From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>

		    I was attempting to give my own view on a reasonable
    philosophy for handling these things prior to an official clarification:

Oh, I see.  OK.

    In cases where it is obvious that most users will have a certain model
    of how an operation is going to be implemented, it is best not to go
    against that model.

OK, I agree with this.  I think the only question is whether it's so
obvious what users are modelling or expecting.  It's certainly hard to
come up with a definitive way of resolving that.