Sequence functions ..

While we are at it, is a list which is terminated by something besides
nil considered a legal sequence? My opinion is that a sequence
should be properly terminated and as a result, length is legitimate
when it complains about improperly terminated lists. Also, what
seems to be the consensus about circular lists and sequence functions?
I agree with Scott that a function which is not advertised to handle
circular lists should be allowed to loop/recurse. My current
implementation of length uses list-length, but I think this is overly
expensive and would prefer to use a more tradition definition which
uses either ENDP or ATOM to stop.

--David