Source code non-access (Re: defstruct request)

This looks like a special case of a larger issue in Common Lisp. Unless
I have misread the spec it looks like definitions cannot be
reconstructed programmatically. What I mean is that once you type/load a
DEFSTRUCT, there is no body of CL code that can reconstruct the
expression as originally typed/loaded. This also appears to be true for
DEFUN, DEFMACRO, etc. Please tell me I'm wrong! Interestingly, this
seems to be possible in some implementations of CL when running
interpreted code, only that it is done in implementation-specific
(yeech!) ways.

If it is true that definitions cannot be programmatically reconstructed
in Common Lisp, was this an explicit committee decision?