Re: Current practice:argument types in function declarations

Yes, I often proclaim functions to take arguments of specific types.
Usually this happens when I want to proclaim the return value of a
function and my sense of taste insists that I proclaim the types of the
arguments as well.  However, none of the implementations I've used seem
to do much with the information.

There is one time when proclaiming the types of arguments to a function is
obviously useful: when compiling the function itself.  True, one could
use declarations inside of the function to achive the same result, but
using a proclamation keeps all of the function's type specification in one place.

Without repeating them, I'd also like to voice my support of the
comments made by Mike Bekerle and Brad Miller.

				--Stuart A. Malone