Mini-ballot

    Date: Monday, 8 November 1982  20:10-EST
    From: Eric Benson <BENSON at UTAH-20>
    To:   Guy.Steele at CMU-10A, common-lisp at SU-AI
    Re:   Mini-ballot

    (1) It should not be necessary to extend DEFUN in this manner.

    (SETF (GET 'FOO 'BAR) #'(LAMBDA ...))

    should do exactly what you want.  Is there a problem with this?

You might as well say that DEFUN should be flushed in favor of

(SETF (FSYMEVAL 'FOO) #'(LAMBDA ...))

I like the SETF proposal 1(b).  It decreases the amount of syntactic
hair in the language and SETF seems to do exactly what is needed.

Since all my friends dislike it, I must be missing something.