[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Steele@cmu-20c
- Subject: Re: /BALLOT/
- From: Masinter at PARC-MAXC
- Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1982 21:33:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@su-ai
- In-reply-to: STEELE's message of 5 Oct 1982 0041-EDT
4) :ERROR, :SET-DEFAULT-PATHNAME options to LOAD should be rationalized with
OPEN; the handling here of search paths should logically be handled by passing
on some of the options from LOAD to OPEN rather than having LOAD do special
path-name processing. This is because users who manipulate files want to do
similar hacking, and the mechanism should be common.
6) I feel strongly that the white pages SHOULD include a LOOP construct.
I care less about which one, but I like most of Moon's proposal better than DO
and what I saw of LetS. I'd get rid of AND and ELSE. I don't understand
if the "COLLECT" lexical scoping includes scoping under macro expansion.
9) this seems right but not quite fully specified, e.g. LAMBDA-MACRO
25) spec here not consistent with MACROEXPAND proposal