Design of Common LISP

I am very grateful to Hedrick for his vote of confidence, but I must
point out that I am no less fallible than anyone else on the committee.
Two items that come to mind are the useless extensions to GCD and to
the ENDP predicate, lapses of taste I am glad have been corrected
through committee interaction.  This is, however, why we prefer
consensus to voting; presumably a unified committee will produce a more
or less unified and consistent design, while a design whose different
aspects are supported by different 51%-subsets of the committee is less
likely to be consistent.
--Guy