Re: dynamic extent lisp objects

> Speaking as a representative from a company that has a reasonably
> successful lisp-based software product, having the ability to declare an
> object to have dynamic extent is of great benefit in building a
> practical lisp-based product.

How clear are you on the issue of whether a declaration facility
for variables would be adequate for your needs?

One can imagine a form named something like "with-dynamic-extent" that
causes all storage allocation "within" its body that would ordinarily
be done on the heap to be done on the stack instead.

My personal guess is that the variable declarations wind up being
more controllable, but that a "with" form would prove somewhat
more powerful.  Certainly the "with" form could handle complex
backquotes easier than variable declarations could.
Any practical experience one way or the other?

				-Cris