visible hash tables

re: That's not an unprecedented flaw.  Arrays have a number of properties
    that are not represented in their printed representations, such as
    adjustability, fill pointer, and element type.

Not all arrays have these properties; contrast that with all hashtables
having the rehash-size and rehash-threshold slots.

I think my message did address the question about arrays, in the first
paragraph, when enumerating the types that don't have adequate print
representations and for which MLY's suggestion might be a solution:

    ". . . and non-simple ARRAY and ARRAY with specialized element-type
     not among {'bit', 'string-char', 'T'}."

-- JonL --