Re: Hash Tables and GC

As I understand it, finalization is a mechanism for recording a function
which the garbage collector should call on an object when it is about to
be GC'd.

I find it surprising that no one has talked about finalization during
this discussion.  This may not be facility we want to add to Common
Lisp, but as near as I can tell, weak pointers and finalization are the
primitives you need to build these kind of hash tables.

In addition, finalization is a useful mechanism to have direct access
to.
-------