Re: hash tables and GC

I've wished for the ability to put properties on arbitrary objects
via hash tables without making the objects with properties non-collectable.

I've written code that maps values such as strings to objects
(a lot like a package does!).  The purpose was for all
equivalent values to map to a single object, so that any value in
an equivalence class could share a set of properties with its
equivalent values.  I have wished that this mapping would not permanently
hold onto the *objects*.  If the object has no properties and no
references except through the table it could be reclaimed.

On the other hand, I'm not sure these are the most pressing issues
around.
				-Cris