function ballot

    Date: Wednesday, 1 December 1982  21:38-EST
    From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman at CMU-CS-C>

    I assume that this will not affect the evaluation of forms whose car is
    a lambda expression.  That much tradition is too heavy to mess with.

Well, of COURSE not, since putting #' in front of something means "evaluate"
this as if it was the car of a form.  And I guess that forces me to agree with
EAK.

This means, of course, that you need a "subr version" of FUNCTION for use
by programs that used to construct functions by consing up lists whose
car was LAMBDA.  It should take an optional argument which is an environment
which means, of course, that an interpreter-environment data type has to
be added to the language.