issues

The next edition of the manual is nearing final-assembly-and-test.  It
is my belief that we have more or less converged on Moon's proposals for
DEFSETF and for the ERROR chapter.  At least, several key people have
endorsed this proposal and nobody has raised major objections.  Unless
someone objects soon and violently (and I hope nobody does), Guy plans
to put these into the next edition of the manual, for final review by
the critics' gallery.

With a little luck, maybe we will have converged sufficiently on the new
package proposal to get that in too, though we're not there as of right
now, but maybe my latest proposal will make it.

-- Scott