[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New Error Proposal: suggestions to be incorporated
- To: David A. Moon <Moon%SCRC-TENEX%MIT-MC@SU-DSN>
- Subject: New Error Proposal: suggestions to be incorporated
- From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C>
- Date: Sun, 15 May 1983 05:28:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp@SU-AI, Kent M. Pitman <KMP%MIT-MC@SU-DSN>
- In-reply-to: Msg of 15 May 1983 01:09-EDT from David A. Moon <Moon%SCRC-TENEX%MIT-MC at SU-DSN>
I see that you've bought some of KMP's suggestions. They look OK to me
too. Several people in our group have independently suggested somehow
getting a second format string into CERROR to say what happens if you
proceed. I slightly prefer the ECASE format to the OTHERWISE-ERROR
proposal, but I'm not adamant.
Will you edit your error proposal to incorporate the new stuff? I'd
like to have one message or file containing all the current stuff,
rather than having to hunt around among N messages.