[Moon at SCRC-TENEX: short-float-negative-epsilon]

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1983 21:20:00 -0000
From: David A. Moon <Moon@SCRC-TENEX>
Subject: short-float-negative-epsilon
To: Guy.Steele@CMU-CS-A
Cc: common-lisp%su-ai@su-score, Cassels@SCRC-TENEX

Am I correct in guessing that the arguments to - in the Lisp-code definition
of short-float-negative-epsilon in the Laser edition are backwards?  The
code as it stands is clearly bogus.  If the arguments to - are backwards,
then negative-epsilon would be the smallest positive number that you
can subtract from 1.0 and get a different answer than 1.0.
------

This hasn't been fixed in the latest version of the manual we have.