ENDP

I like Scott's wording better.  However, I surmise that the use of the
vague expression "whether ... will behave reasonably ... depends on the
implementation" was intended to convey the idea that some implementations
will use a NULL check (rather than an ATOM check) and hence will behave
most unreasonably, cdr'ing off into randomness, when given a dotted
list.  Of course this is discouraged, but the manual should say explicitly
whether it is allowed or forbidden.  To summarize:

	1. ENDP check (or NULL check plus always-error-checking CDR)
	   Error if given a dotted list and end of it reached
	2. ATOM check
	   Dotted list simply behaves like an undotted one
	3. NULL check
	   Dotted list causes unpredictable behavior.