[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
One last diddle to my error proposal
- To: David A. Moon <Moon%SCRC-TENEX@mit-mc>
- Subject: One last diddle to my error proposal
- From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 1983 16:09:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@su-ai
- In-reply-to: Msg of 24 May 1983 02:47-EDT from David A. Moon <Moon at SCRC-TENEX>
I don't feel passionately about this switch, but to me it seems much more
intuitive to have the "error message" string come before the "and if you
proceed" string. They will presumably appear in the original order in
the error dialogue. I bet if we switch it, lots of users will get burned
the first few times they use it.
You don't say why you want to make the switch -- just so it looks more
like ERROR if you cover up the function name and the first arg?