[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Function MEMBER to be changed?
- To: info-lispm-mit at MIT-OZ
- Subject: Function MEMBER to be changed?
- From: Richard M. Stallman <RMS@MIT-OZ>
- Date: Sunday, June 19, 1983 8:16AM-EDT
- Mail-from: RMS created at 19-Jun-83 08:16:55
- Remailed-date: 19 Jun 1983 1752-EDT
- Remailed-from: RMS%MIT-OZ%MIT-MC@SU-DSN
- Remailed-to: common-lisp@SU-AI
It happens that the Common Lisp plan involves changing the function MEMBER
(and ASSOC and DELETE and REMOVE) to use EQL instead of EQUAL for comparison.
(EQL is like = on numbers, like EQ on everything else).
I have urged them to call the new functions MEMBERP and other new names
so that the old names MEMBER, ASSOC, etc. can be unchanged.
I expect most of you prefer to have the existing names not change their
meanings. I'd like to know whether you think this is important.
Please send me mail about what you feel about this, and I will
pass it on to the Common Lisp designers. (If you prefer to have
MEMBER change, you can tell me that.)