[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Happy Flag Day
- To: Bernard S. Greenberg <BSG at SCRC>
- Subject: Re: Happy Flag Day
- From: David A. Moon <Moon at SCRC>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1983 06:21:00 -0000
- Cc: Common-Lisp at SU-AI
- In-reply-to: The message of 14 Jun 83 23:36-EDT from Bernard S. Greenberg <BSG%SCRC-TENEX%MIT-MC at SU-DSN>
Date: 14 Jun 1983 2336-EDT
From: Bernard S. Greenberg <BSG%SCRC-TENEX%MIT-MC@SU-DSN>
Leave SUBST (historical reasons) and fix SUBSTITUTE &c.
But (p. 182)
SUBST new old tree &key :test :test-not :key
SUBST-IF predicate new tree &key :key
So historical reasons make no sense. No one proposes to make
the args to SUBST be old first then new.
I can live with whichever Guy decides to change (SUBST-IF or
SUBSTITUTE-IF) as long as he makes them consistent.