[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
You thought you were kidding
- To: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C>
- Subject: You thought you were kidding
- From: Guy.Steele@CMU-CS-A
- Date: Thu, 06 Oct 1983 06:48:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp@SU-AI
- In-reply-to: "Scott E. Fahlman's message of 6 Oct 83 00:53-EST"
)-: Well, maybe we can't use setf to get sqrt, but:
(defsetf * (x &rest y) (newval)
`(progn (setf ,x (/ ,newval ,@y)) ,newval))
(setf (* x 4) 24) => 24
and now x => 6
I just tried this in VAX Common LISP. It works fine.