[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Proposed evaluator for Common LISP
- To: EAK at MIT-MC
- Subject: Re: Proposed evaluator for Common LISP
- From: HEDRICK at RUTGERS (Mgr DEC-20s/Dir LCSR Comp Facility)
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1982 23:59:00 -0000
- Cc: STEELE at CMU-20C, common-lisp at SU-AI
- In-reply-to: Your message of 20-Oct-82 1907-EDT
Given proper functions to access scopes up the stack, it is just as easy
to do a debugger for a lexical language as a dynamic language. We know
this from personal experience, having done a lexically-bound UCI Lisp.
Certainly some adaptation had to be done, but the results were just as
good, and the code wasn't really much worse.