[no subject]

I feel sure that no really incompatible changes will become "official"
without another round of explicit proposal and feedback, though the
group has grown so large and diverse that we can no longer expect
unanimity on all issues -- we will have to be content with the emrgence
of substantial consensus, especially among those people representing
major implemenation efforts.  Of course, there is a weaker form of
"acceptance" in which a proposal seems to have been accepted by all
parties and therefore becomes the current working hypothesis, pending an
official round of feedback.

-- Scott
-------