[no subject]

Re compatibility, etc
  Its getting really hard to keep track of
where things "officially" stand.   Hopefully,
the grosser of the suggestions that go whizzing
by on this mailing list are getting flushed,
but I have this uneasy feeling that one
of these days I will turn around and find
there has been "agreement" to change something
really fundamental like EQ.
  Somewhere there should be a clear and current summary
of "Proposed Changes which would change
the world."  What I'm talking about here are cases
where large bodies of code can reasonably be
expected to be affected, or changes or extensions
time honored central concepts like MEMBER or LAMBDA.
  It would be nice to have summaries from time to time
on the new frobs (like this MV-LET thing) that are proposed
but that is somewhat less urgent.