[hpfclp!paul%hplabs.csnet: LCM]

    Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1985  17:39 EDT
    From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA@think>

    This one's for you.  I can't remember how or whether this discussion
    finally got resolved.

    Date: Thursday, 13 June 1985  09:48-EDT
    From: hpfclp!paul%hplabs.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
    To:   hplabs!Fahlman
    Re:   LCM
    MMDF-Warning: Parse error in preceding line at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
    Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

    Scott,

    Is the definition of LCM (12.4) being modified so that it will
    accept 0 arguments? If so, is the result 1?

    Paul Beiser
    Hewlett-Packard
    Ft. Collins, Colorado
    uucp:   ...{ihnp4,hplabs}!hpfcla!paul
    arpa:   "hpfclp!paul%hplabs.csnet"@csnet-relay

I believe everyone agrees that *if* LCM is to accept zero arguments
then it should return 1.  I strongly recommend that all implementors
support this case as an extension to Common Lisp, and intend to
recommend the change when we update Common Lisp.
--Guy