Does Defmacro establish a block?

    Date: Mon, 27 May 1985  04:30 EDT
    From: Rob MacLachlan <RAM@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>

	Does defmacro establish a named block around the definition the
    same way that defun does?  CLTL doesn't mention this issue at all,
    leading one to suppose that it doesn't, but this seems to create a
    pointless inconsistency with defun.

	If defmacro does, do define-setf-method, defsetf, deftype...?

I believe that all defining forms that have a name and a body should put
a named block around the body.  In our implementation, defun and defmacro
do so, but currently the others you mentioned do not.  I'm calling that
a bug in our implementation and suggesting that a future clarification
of Common Lisp should require this.