Misc Queries

I agree with Moon's analysis of your queries.

Not only is the Spice implementation not the definition of the language,
but it has never been exhaustively tested for compliance with the manual
-- it is hard to get part-time undergrads (and overworked faculty
members) to do such tedious things, and we have never had sufficient
funding to hire people specifically to do testing.  So Spice Lisp is
useful as an implementors kit (the best one I know of that you can get
for free) but nobody should be too surprised if it contains occasional
errors in odd corners.

-- Scott