[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Clarification of full funarging and spaghetti stacks
- To: MOON at SCRC-TENEX at MIT-MC, common-lisp at SU-AI
- Subject: Clarification of full funarging and spaghetti stacks
- From: Daniel L. Weinreb <dlw at SCRC-TENEX at MIT-MC>
- Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1982 20:57:00 -0000
- In-reply-to: The message of 4 Sep 82 04:21-EDT from MOON at SCRC-TENEX
I thought we had already decided this. Amazing how communication can be
so imperfect even when one works so hard at it. Anyway, I am in favor
of giving all closures indefinite extent, i.e. allowing upward funargs.
By the way, the paper in the Lisp Conference proceedings says that we
have already decided the issue in this direction; it says that Common
Lisp solves the entire "funarg problem" including upward funargs.