[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Circular structure printing
- To: Daniel L. Weinreb <dlw at SCRC-TENEX at MIT-MC>
- Subject: Re: Circular structure printing
- From: Masinter at PARC-MAXC
- Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1982 13:11:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp at su-ai
- In-reply-to: dlw at SCRC-TENEX's message of Sunday, 29 August 1982, 11:33-EDT
The HPRINT package in Interlisp prints circular structures in the desired fashion. The algorithm assumes that output is going to a random-acess device (e.g., disk file); if the output file is not RANDACCESSP, then output is first sent to a scratch file and when printing is complete, it is sent to the final destination. HPRINT keeps a hash-table of objects-printed->byte position so that on second reference it can go back and put in the forward reference before the first reference.
I believe you already have the source, but in any case, it can be found in [parc-maxc]<lisp>hprint.