Access to documentation strings

Moon's proposal for DOCUMENTATION looks good to me.

By the way, I think the "convention" that the first line of the
documentation should be an overview sentence is bad news.  If we want
anything of this sort, the convention should be that the first SENTENCE
(normal English syntax) is an overview.  Those of us stuck on narrow
terminals can't get much onto a "line" and I hate to leave out the CR
and let the line wrap.  My preference would be to forget this whole
overview business -- I don't see much use for it.

-- Scott