PACKAGE, READTABLE, etc. in compiled files vs. load uncompiled

It seems clear from the plethora of proposals that somebody should collect
all the proposals, as strawmen, and see which can be knocked down and
which look like they might be workable; perhaps compile a document summarizing
each proposal succinctly and summarizing bugs in proposal succinctly.
Then if we have all these proposals and rebuttals in one document somebody
can figure out what really should be done and write one final strawman
proposal for everyone to consider adopting.

Otherwise we seem to be going in circles with all these random proposals
and flat-out ultimatum statements about how it should work.
-------