What is a compiler (vol. 63827) meets what are gensyms.

    Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1986  09:50 EST
    From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>

								the dumper
    has no business losing track of the EQ-ness of the symbols, whether or
    not they are interned anywhere.

I agree with this (and this is what Moon said as well).

For purposes of the archives, though, I'd like to point out that if we
try to define this formally in the manual, we had better be careful.
Consider what happens if you run the dumper twice, creating two
independent files, and each run contains a certain uninterned symbol.
Then, in a new Lisp world, you load both files.  If you require the
dumper to maintain EQness in this case, the dumper will be extremely
difficult to implement correctly.  In fact, the same issues apply to
objects other than uninterned symbols, such as conses.

Also, we should keep in mind that the semantics of dump/load in the
presence of uninterned symbols clearly are not quite the same as the
semantics of print/read, despite the fact that the two operations are
roughly the same kind of thing.