Keeping track of decisions

As several people have pointed out, we should keep a list of all
official changes and decisions in a separate file, in addition to making
the appropriate changes in the evolving document.  That way,
implementors will not have to scan the new manual looking for
differences between that ans Steele and wondering if such differences
are intentional.  This was my intent all along, but I forgot to mention
this in the earlier mail.  We will probably number and date each of these
decisions, just to make it clear when things have gone from discussion
to decided (where "decided" means that it will definitely be in the
proposal we produce).

-- Scott