Re: Some easy ones (?)

    Date: Wed 23 Jul 86 13:59:34-PDT
    From: Andy Freeman <FREEMAN@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA>

    Nick (NGALL@G.BBN.COM) replied to Fahlman:
	    Proposal #9: Variable Name Conflicts
	    Specify that it is an error for two parameters (including
	    supplied-p and &aux parameters) in the same lambda-list to
	    have the same (EQL) name.
	    [As previous discussion brought out, we could instead allow this
	    case with the last-bound (rightmost) argument shadowing previous
	    bindings in the same arglist, but this is certainly bad style and
	    interacts in nasty ways with the proposed change to the scope of
	Specify same for LET, LET*, DO, DO*, FLET, LABELS, PROGV, MACROLET,
    I don't know about DO*, but LET* should be able to shadow previous names.
    The restriction seems reasonable for the others mentioned.

Why should LET* be able to shadow previous names when LAMBDA expressions

-- Nick