Re: Some easy ones (?)

Nick (NGALL@G.BBN.COM) replied to Fahlman:
        Proposal #9: Variable Name Conflicts

        Clarification:

        Specify that it is an error for two parameters (including
	supplied-p and &aux parameters) in the same lambda-list to
	have the same (EQL) name.

        [As previous discussion brought out, we could instead allow this
	case with the last-bound (rightmost) argument shadowing previous
	bindings in the same arglist, but this is certainly bad style and
	interacts in nasty ways with the proposed change to the scope of
	declarations.]
    Specify same for LET, LET*, DO, DO*, FLET, LABELS, PROGV, MACROLET,
    MV-BIND, and PROG.

I don't know about DO*, but LET* should be able to shadow previous names.
The restriction seems reasonable for the others mentioned.

-andy
-------