Proposals 2, 3, & 4

    Date: Tuesday, 15 July 1986  21:04-EDT
    From: Masinter.pa at Xerox.COM
    To:   common-lisp at SU-AI.ARPA
    Re:   Proposals 2, 3, & 4

    ...Furthermore,
    this example seems to contradict the assertion that the "semantics of
    the language require the storage of the information returned by
    FUNCTION-PARAMETERS, so every implementation must have some way to
    access this information."  unless access of the information were to
    parse the disassembly of the definition somehow.

In this case, the information is in fact stored in the code.  I think
that it is reasonable to peek at stylized entry code to determine this
information.  Although the fixed and optional arg counts are directly
represented in Spice Lisp, we would have to do some work to find out
the valid keywords.

  Rob