Re: Staus of proposals 10, 11, and 12

    Date: Tue, 29 Jul 86 11:50 EDT
    From: David C. Plummer <DCP@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

    I may have thought of one usage:
	    (macrolet ((print-them (list)
			 `(mapc #'print ,list)))
	      (declare (notinline mapc))
	      ...)
    If anybody else believes this, perhaps it should be one of the examples?

I don't believe it.  The stuff inside the backquoted list is not code,
it is data.  Here's a similar one that I believe:
(macrolet ((print-them (list)
             `(progn ,@(mapcar #'(lambda (item) `(print ',item))
                               list)))
  (declare (notinline mapcar))
  ...)
In this, the mapcar funcall form IS code.  Note that this still is not
a strong argument for decls in the body of a macrolet, since the decl
could have been put in the body of the print-them macro definition.
But I agree that we should allow decls in the body of a macrolet.

-- Nick