Rational Infinity

Re: The existence of infinite rational objects and how they come about are
    two separate issues.  . . .
Very good point.

Re:                                        . . . One of the reasons that
    rational infinities aren't in Common Lisp yet is that there is some
    debate about whether rational infinity is affine (signed) or projective
    (unsigned).
Although Common Lisp doesn't require IEEE floating-point capability, I
think most people would agree that it's a reasonable goal to reach for.
For compability with the infinities available there, one would like to
have both +1/0 and -1/0  (I presume we can agree on a canonical form
for a rational infinity, that its denominator should be 0 and its
numerator's magnitude should be 1 ?)

-- JonL --