Re: Rational Infinity

    Date: Wed, 4 Feb 87 11:35:39 PST
    From: fateman@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Richard Fateman)

    there are also complex numbers and complex infinities of both
    rational and floating-point forms in CL.  These must be dealt with.
    The  with-rational-trap-enables ... proposal suggests that
    trap enabling should have dynamic scope.  Do you mean this?

Yes, I do mean for them to have dynamic scope.  I'd hate to try to write
a program that has to put one of these around the lexical scope of each
possible division, which may not even be division of ratios.  It's like
the scope of *read-base*; it affects how the program runs.