REMF and REMPROP

    I can interpret parts of that paragraph two ways.  One way (the way I
    don't want to) is that REMF can go off and bash the value.  That's not
    what Andre was suggesting.

I don't see how you could read this interpretation into what I said, but
it doesn't matter.  I think we all agree that it is not legal for REMF
or REMPROP to do anything destructive to the keys and values it removes
from the property list.

What Andre was asking, I thought, was whether it was legal to chop up or
recycle the cons cells that had been part of the backbone of the property
list.  My opinion was that this is not legal -- REMPROP and REMF should
do only as much destructive alteration as is necessary to remove the
specified key and value from the list.

-- Scott