Re: LetRec?

    Date: Fri, 8 Apr 88 12:17:20 PDT
    From: James Rice <Rice@SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU>

	    Is there a good reason why this was omitted from CL?

	It wasn't.  It is caled LABELS.  It only supports function binding (like
	FLET), but that is the only case where the distinction between LETREC
	and LET* is useful.

    I beg to differ.  I appreciate that I can declare recursive
    local functions with Labels.  I cannot, however refine recusive/
    circular data structures with it.

Perhaps I'm confused, but I don't think Scheme LETREC allows you to define
recursive or circular data structures.  Could you provide a program example,
please?