Re: LetRec?

        Is there a good reason why this was omitted from CL?

    It wasn't.  It is caled LABELS.  It only supports function binding (like
    FLET), but that is the only case where the distinction between LETREC
    and LET* is useful.

I beg to differ.  I appreciate that I can declare recursive
local functions with Labels.  I cannot, however refine recusive/
circular data structures with it.  There seems to me to be a
good symetry argument in favour of non-function LetRec to
match with Labels.  There also seems to be an argument in favour
of it in that those wanting to progam in a pure functional
style will not be able to declare circular structures in CL.

Rice.
-------