Re: x^0.0

I'm not sure that you really do have *two* choices;  INF has to
have certain properties, such as being larger in magnitude than
any other (non-INF) number, and being an additive sink.  Similarly,
UNDEFINED has to be an operative sink;  trying to make an exception
for zero seems to lead to another of those discontinuities like
0^0 = 0.

But I certainly agree that a user-settable option calling for an
error upon generation of UNDEFINED would be a good idea.