[Mailer: Message of 11 May 83 00:55:02 EDT]

Date: Wed, 11 May 1983 04:57:00 -0000
From: The Mailer Daemon <Mailer>
To:   <FAHLMAN>
Re:   Message of 11 May 83 00:55:02 EDT

Message failed for the following:
common-lisp@SU-AI: Timed out waiting for FTP reply
            ------------
Date: Wed, 11 May 1983 04:55:00 -0000
From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C>
To:   Alan Bawden <ALAN@MIT-MC>
Cc:   common-lisp@SU-AI
Subject: Two New Package Proposal Comments (and a grotesque suggestion)

I'm not too fond of your grotesque suggestion.

I just got done telling MOON that people are unlikely to have typos in
the :export part of DECLARE-PACKAGE and you come up with this.  Sigh!

This string/case business is clearly a source of typos just waiting to
happen, so something has to be done about that.  Also, I guess if you
call EXPORT, the system should see how long you've been awake and signal
a correctable error if it's more than 20 or so hours.  Only the
clear-headed should be allowed to touch packages.

-- Scott