NIL and DEC VAX Common LISP

Greetings:
	I understand from ARPA that DEC VAX Common Lisp may become a
reality and that you are closely involved.  If that is true, we in the
SRI vision group would like to work closely with you in defining the
specifications so that the resulting language can actually be used for
vision computations with performance and convenience comparable to
Algol-based languages.
	If this is not true, perhaps you can send me to the people
I should talk with to make sure the mistakes of FRANZLISP are not
repeated in COMMON LISP.
	Thanks,  Andy Hanson  859-4395

ps - Where can we get Common Lisp manuals?
-------