[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Re: eql => eq?
- To: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Subject: Re: Re: eql => eq?
- From: HEDRICK at RUTGERS (Mngr DEC-20's/Dir LCSR Comp Facility)
- Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1982 20:27:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp at SU-AI
- In-reply-to: Your message of 29-Jan-82 1452-EST
I seem to recall that it was a basic property of Lisp that
(EQ X (CAR (CONS X Y)))
If your compiler compiles code that does not preserve this property,
the kindest thing I have to say is that it is premature optimization.