True, False

    Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1986  09:48 EST
    From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>

    I've got no problem with the True and False functions, I guess.  I'm not
    100% sure that I like those names -- if I saw these in code, I would
    tend to assume that they were predicates more or less equivalent to (not
    (null ...)) and (null...).  But I have nothing better to propose right
    now.

KMP may have picked TRUE and FALSE for historical reasons.  I wouldn't
mind more descriptive names, possibly which imply they take a set and
map the set to either boolean truth or boolean false.  {-: Maybe we can
call these functions T and NIL :-}

    Probably the best thing to do for now is to tack them onto the end of
    the error proposal in a section labeled "Extensions to the Language" or
    something like that.

    I'm glad to hear that the error proposal is moving along.

    -- Scott